Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
Leads the review, analysis, and modifications of the design and function of SAP and APO business systems. Configures and maintains new and existing functionality in the SD module in SAP and the GATP module in APO. Champions the use of commonly-used concepts, SAP standard functionality, and best practices and procedures within a particular SAP module.
- Gathers business requirements and develops design/programming specifications.
- Applies broad business process knowledge and SAP technical expertise to accurately anticipate and recommend business process improvements.
- Must be able to facilitate requirements gathering sessions including joint collaboration with business and IT.
- Estimates the level of effort on enhancement requests and meets with the business to prioritize the requests.
- Follows system development life cycle (SDLC) methodology.
- Works with the business community to provide system support.
- Tests, documents, and conducts end user training regarding SAP enhancements to ensure the system is being used properly and meeting business needs.
- Works directly with the business to understand and prioritize business requirements and gather user and functional requirements.
- Works with identified subject matter experts (SME’s) to develop solid understanding of SAP processes and provide training.
- Prepares program specifications and diagrams.
- Prepares charts and diagrams to assist in problem analysis and resolution.
- Communicates clearly both verbally and in writing.
- Under supervision, performs work that is varied and somewhat difficult, but involves limited responsibility.
- Actively promote best practices and project management competency and ensure SDLC practices are followed.
- Acts as a primary input for subsequent build activities and is sought out as a subject matter expert.
- Schedules and leads meetings.
- Train junior level personnel in technical complexities of assigned work.
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Works with minimum supervision, conferring with supervisor only on unusual matters. May be assisted by a SAP Analyst.
- Assignments are broad in nature, usually requiring originality and ingenuity. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Has latitude for un-reviewed actions or decisions.
- Bachelor's degree in a computer-related field (such as Computer Programming or MIS) or equivalent experience is required.
- At least 5 years of order to cash business experience.
- Eight to ten years of hands-on SAP SD configuration experience including (but not limited to) order types, Pricing, taxes, ATP, deliveries, shipments, billing, transportation, rebates, intercompany transactions, unit of measure, customer master, and variant configurator.
- Two to four years of hands-on SAP APO configuration for Global Available To Promise (GATP).
- SAP SD team member on multiple implementations/projects with multiple companies. Consulting experience a plus.
- Experience in at least 3 full life cycle SAP implementations including all phases (blueprinting, gap analysis, system design, configuration, testing, training, and go-live support).
- Skilled in writing functional specifications for Reports, Interfaces, Customization, Enhancements, and Forms. Experience in testing and supporting custom RICEF.
- Expert in on-boarding new acquisitions onto existing SAP template including mastery of organization structure development/set-up, integration of new business processes into existing template, and data conversion.
- Solid working knowledge of personal computers including Windows XP and Microsoft Office, i.e., Word, Excel, Access, etc.
- High level of communication skills including exceptional presentation skills, and the ability to write complex documents that are concise and understood by multiple levels of the organization.
- Ability to provide thought leadership, and gain the respect of multiple levels of the organization.