Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
Provide organizational leadership for people, projects and resources to Production Control and Purchasing to optimize quality, efficiency and utilization, insuring the correct product is delivered to our customers in the required time period. Central communication point inside of the Ammunition Plant, with key responsibility in establishing a master production schedule (MPS) that meets the requirements of our customers. Sets a monthly master production schedule, establishing daily production build rates based upon the sales demand forecasts, customer orders, current finished product inventory levels, and other information sources. Interfaces with Sales, Research & Development (R & D), Manufacturing Unit Management, and Production Planning. Key player in meeting finished product inventory objectives.
- Manage Material and Direct Material Purchasing.
- Act as a liaison between Sales and Marketing, Purchasing and the Manufacturing teams in understanding and communicating customer requirements and manufacturing needs and capabilities to meet the exact customer requirements.
- Analyze annual business plan and production capacity planning to determine discrepancies and lead problem solving, counter measure and follow-up activities.
- Oversee management and improvement of all related processes and systems.
- Develop, monitor and control annual budget usage and cost objectives.
- Implement inventory control programs.
- Manage team members from every operationsl discipline in creative and efficient master production schedules that meet all customer requirements.
- Facilitate the review of all new product proposals and the enabilement of all systems, processes, and procurement etc…in effore to deliver the product per requirement.
- Monitor the sales and finished goods inventory levels in the OHL warehouse, report deviations to the plan and budget.
- Facilitate “what if” processes to review proposed production changes, share the information with all team members (including sub contract suppliers) so that the group can creat the most effective production schedule.
- Develop and monitor inventory control lean manufacturing techniques.
- Develop and manage lead time reduction initiatives
- Manage and Coordinate Material Configuration functions.
- Support Corporate purchasing activities in supplier selection, quality and customer service.
- Interfaces daily with the Ammunition Sales Group, collecting updates on product demand and communicating changes in scheduled production do to manufacturing related difficulties.
- Works directly with responsible R & D engineers on scheduling experimental and trial & pilot production for new products introductions.
- Interfaces daily with Production Planners, communicating changes in demand, gain understanding of manufacturing related opportunities preventing accomplishment of the production schedule, and ascertain agreement on changes in the MPS that are inside of established product lead-times.
- Makes daily adjustments to the MPS based upon all the inputs collected and communicates those changes to all appropriate people.
- Maintains records of production and finished goods inventory levels and updates these on a monthly basis.
- Develops an MPS that allows the business to meet targeted finished goods inventory levels. Identifies slow moving inventory, product repack potentials, and other inventory reduction opportunities.
- Interfaces with OHL Warehouse on finished goods cycle count issues and receipt of purchase and resale products.
- Working with Technical Services, Sales, and required plant personnel, co-ordinates responses to bid proposals.
- Provides Purchasing Organization with monthly scheduled demand for non-manufactured finished goods.
- Reviews all Return Goods notices and is responsible for follow-up disposition.
- Bachelors Degree in Procurement, Materials Management, Business, or Production Planning
- Five (5) to seven (7) years progressive experience in production planning with two (2) to four (4) years experience in master scheduling experience in a high volume production environment.
- Strong working knowledge of MRP and inventory management principles. APICS or CPIM Certification desired.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Possess superior written and verbal communication skills. Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Strong, practical problems skills.
- Experience with SAP desired.
- Possess a solid knowledge of MS-Office software products.
- Possess strong basic math skills.