Working in the Corporate Sourcing group, the Emerging Markets Commodity Lead will work for the Vice President of Sourcing and will be lead the development, execution and ongoing spend / supplier management of commodity groups specifically sourced in Asia. Existing ROC Low Cost Country (LCC) sourcing requires an on-site, regular presence to manage supplier relationships, negotiate pricing, and anticipate trends. The Emerging Markets Commodity Lead will establish cross-functional relationships to develop and manage key categories and establish the organizational infrastructure of a world-class Strategic Sourcing Organization.
The Emerging Markets Commodity Lead will be responsible for Spend and Supplier Management within a specified Commodity Group, and will develop comprehensive strategies to achieve key supplier partnerships and drive year-over-year Deflation, Improve Supplier Quality, & Support the Development of New Suppliers and Technologies. The team will achieve results by:
• Leading the development of category strategies, including category, supplier and part-level strategies that will lead to a "best in class" supplier network.
• Developing accurate forecasts and on-going tracking mechanisms of raw material and supplier pricing to support financial forecasting and reporting activities
• Proactively developing & prioritizing a pipeline of productivity project ideas and engaging multiple business lines to drive participation and support of those projects to successful completion
• Leading the development and issuance of comprehensive and detailed Requests for Proposals (RFPs) to drive supplier selection activity.
• Managing the Supplier Selection to optimize cost, service and contractual terms for New Product Introductions, up through and including First Article Approvals.
• Accurately communicating project successes (and failures), to gain their support on future projects
• Fully developing and managing ROC's "Approved Supplier" process, including a Supplier Scorecard Process that helps identify and leverage best in class suppliers while managing supplier risk.
• Supporting cross-functional Design, Quality and Engineering Teams on New Product Introductions and Supplier Improvement Initiatives
• Proposing and evaluating LCC sourcing opportunities within specified categories.
• Purchased firearm products (components & accessories; complete firearms)
• Purchased Sub Assemblies/Parts – Light assemblies; component subassemblies
• Material Required for Operations – Packaging, Capital Equipment, Tooling, as permitted
• Logistics/Indirect – Freight, handling, routing
• Continuity of supply
• On-time, on-target ($) program launch
• Deflation – year over year lower Price
• Supplier Performance (Quality, Cost, Delivery)
• NPI Support
Skills and Education Required:
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
• The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Engineering, Logistics, Operations, Supply Chain, required
• 5-10 years of experience in Purchasing, Finance, Materials Management, and / or Inventory Control
Skills and Abilities:
• Proven track record in achieving results
• Uncompromising integrity
• Ability to take on ambiguous opportunities and break down into tangible strategies and actionable plans
• Strong analytical skills – financial, data, and statistical based thinking
• Superior problem identification and solving skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills -will drive results through cross-functional internal and external coordination and influence – high energy, credible, change agent, team player
• Desire to expand cross-functional knowledge (manufacturing background interested in sales and distribution process, and vice-versa)
• Comfortable with managing conflict, change, and multiple projects at one time
• Ability to work both at a strategic and tactical, detailed level as needed
• Mastered Microsoft suite of products