Leads the review, analysis, and modifications of the design and function of an SAP business system.
Configures and maintains new and existing functionality in at least one SAP module such as SD, MM, PP, FI, CO, EWM, or APO. Champions the use of commonly-used concepts, SAP standard functionality, and best practices and procedures within a particular SAP module.
Gathers business requirements and develops design/programming specifications. Applies broad business process knowledge and SAP technical expertise to accurately anticipate and recommend business process improvements. Must be able to facilitate requirements gathering sessions including joint collaboration with business and IT.
Estimates the level of effort on enhancement requests and meets with the business to prioritize the requests. Follows system development life cycle (SDLC) methodology.
Works with the business community to provide system support. Tests, documents, and conducts end user training regarding SAP enhancements to ensure the system is being used properly and meeting business needs.
• Works directly with the business to understand and prioritize business requirements and gather user and functional requirements.
• Works with identified subject matter experts (SME’s) to develop solid understanding of SAP processes and provide training.
• Prepares program specifications and diagrams.
• Prepares charts and diagrams to assist in problem analysis and resolution.
• Communicates clearly both verbally and in writing.
• Actively promote best practices and project management competency and ensure SDLC practices are followed.
• Acts as a primary input for subsequent build activities and is sought out as a subject matter expert.
• Schedules and leads meetings.
• Train junior level personnel in technical complexities of assigned work.
• Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
• Works with minimum supervision, conferring with supervisor only on unusual matters. May be assisted by a SAP Analyst.
• Assignments are broad in nature, usually requiring originality and ingenuity. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
• Has latitude for un-reviewed actions or decisions.
Skills and Education Required:
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
• The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Six to Eight years of SAP hands-on configuration experience in core MM/PP, including MPS, MRP, Inventory Management, Purchase Order process, Requisition Approval process including Work Flow and Supply Chain concepts.
• Experience in at least 2 full life cycle SAP implementations including all phases (project planning, business blueprinting, gap analysis, system design, configuration, testing, training, and go live support)
• Experience with writing functional specifications for Reports, Interfaces, Customization, Enhancements, and Forms. Experience in testing and supporting custom RICEF.
• Experience on-boarding new acquisitions onto existing SAP template including mastery of organizational structures, business process mapping, and data conversion
• Experience with SAP’s Physical Inventory and Cycle Counting Process
• Exposure to Evaluated Receipt Process (ERS).
• Experience with Transport orders tied to Cost Plus
• Experience with concepts of Discrete Manufacturing, Repetitive Manufacturing, as well as KABAN as it relates to Lean Manufacturing.
• Experience with Shop Floor Data Collection systems and the integration to SAP.
• Experience with SAP’s Long-Term Planning and Demand Management.
• Exposure to the workings of Product Costing as it relates to manufacturing.
• Familiarity with the cost settlement processes related to manufacturing orders and repetitive cost collectors.
• Configuration experience within multi company code environment.
• Bachelor's degree - Preferably in a computer-related field (such as Computer Programming or MIS) or equivalent experience is required.
• At least 5 years of progressive manufacturing operations experience – APICS certification is a plus.