- Negotiates contracts & supply agreements with suppliers of raw materials, services, and maintenance, repair, & operating supplies (MRO).
- Analyzes outputs from Material Requirements Planning (MRP) module of SAP system to determine raw material needs to support production schedules.
- Analyzes planning data in SAP and adjusts data appropriately to maintain validity of planning systems (e.g. lot size, lead time, reorder point, etc.).
- Maintains purchase order data in support of purchase transaction accuracy (e.g. order quantity, due date, price, terms, etc.).
- Releases purchase orders for raw materials against SAP contracts and schedules P.O. releases for delivery in support of production schedules.
- Solicits quotations & initiates purchase orders for non-contract raw materials and schedules them for delivery in support of production schedules.
- Processes purchase requisitions into purchase order transactions in support of system user requirements.
- Functions as liaison between Remington & suppliers for all procurement related correspondence (e.g. quotations, purchase orders, contracts, evaluations, rejections, corrective actions, discrepancies, etc.).
- Interfaces with supplier representatives via phone, fax, email, and in person to maintain a favorable supplier relationship.
- Interfaces with employees from other Remington departments to resolve supplier related issues.
- Monitors inventory levels of assigned purchase categories to optimize working capital investment.
- Identifies cost reduction and continuous improvement opportunities as they relate to the materials management functions.
- Produces reports and statistical analysis of purchasing activities and performance.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Purchasing Manager.
This list presents only the principal duties of the position and is not intended to be comprehensive. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned as dictated by the business needs and conditions. As an essential function of the job, good attendance is required.