- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have a Bachelors of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or equivalent. Or a minimum of 5 years of extensive manufacturing experience preferably in a metal working environment.
- An in-depth interview and demonstration of skills will be required for any person applying for this position.
- Extensive knowledge of machining and metalworking principles. Must have in-depth understanding of advanced metrology and GD&T.
- Must demonstrate ability to understand supplier capability and specialties in the manufacture components and tooling to required specifications.
- Must possess a strong knowledge of machining, metalworking principles, and project management.
- Ability to organize and lead complex projects.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general, technical procedures. Ability to write reports and procedures. Ability to effectively present information to top management.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Must be able to travel and attend off-plant training.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.