To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university;
- Or one to two years related experience and/or training;
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Knowledge of Windows; Outlook and Internet Explorer
- SAP Order processing systems
- Cloud-based software.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Previous customer service experience
- Communicate effectively (must use proper English both orally and in written communication)
- Identify and respond to customer needs
- Adjust to multiple tasks, shifting priorities, and change
- Use sound judgment and analytical skills to determine win-win solutions
- Having knowledge or experience of working in a customer/consumer service or parts/repair fulfillment environment is considered a plus.
- Previous firearms experience a plus (LE/Military/Gunsmith/Retail Sales)
In addition to performing the Consumer Support Specialist, Consumer Experience and Senior Consumer Experience Representatives job functions to obtain “Technical” status an individual must meet the following criteria:
- Minimum three years prior experience in the firearms field, retail counter sales, gunsmithing, or other comparable field experience.
- Demonstrate strong team player & leadership characteristics by having the ability to teach and/or coach others while promoting a positive work environment.
- Hunting or shooting background which lends to a strong understanding of the shooting sports.
- Knows and understands industry language and terms, can apply these principles to actual events.
- Thorough understanding of product applications (i.e. what type of firearm and/or ammo is suitable for customers shooting objective) taking into consideration a multitude of factors (size of shooter, environment, region, size of game, applicable laws, and desired results).
- Successfully completed all technical departmental training and successfully demonstrated technical knowledge as an instructor or trainer.
- Knowledge base that would support representing the company at industry trade shows as a product technical resource.
- Capable of explaining firearm cycle of operation for a majority of Remington products as well as primary competitor’s firearm models and be able to expand on product differences.
- Can identify a majority of firearm parts for all major models offered and provide an explanation of their designed purpose in the functioning of the firearm.
- Have a solid working knowledge and become an SME in a majority of the following areas:
- Systems (SAP or comparable)
Word/ Excel considered a plus
- A Technical CSR while providing a high-level volume performance must be capable of maintaining accurate and complete responses to internal and external customers.
- Must have successfully gained an understanding in minimum of (2) of the following areas & independently & successfully manage minimum of (1) of the following:
- Trainer Firearms/Ammunition
- LE/Government/Ecommerce orders
- Participate in Weekly Quality Initiatives
- Dealer Account Management
| || |
- Major SAP Report management
- Comparable experience in these areas will also be considered.