Educational Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial/Mechanical Engineering or related field and 3 to 5 years quality engineering experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Preferred ASQ certification, GD&T knowledge and CMM programming experience.
- Must have good interpersonal, written, verbal, and analytical skills.
- Experience with SPC and ISO-9000 requirements.
- Proficient in SAP & Microsoft applications, such as; Excel, Powerpoint, Word, Outlook.
- Must have background with Lean & Six Sigma tools
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers.
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Will demonstrate strong leadership qualities such as:
- Ability to effectively communicate company Vision, Mission, and Values and align functional goals and objectives accordingly
- Demonstrate communication skills that incorporate emotional maturity, active listening, clear verbal directions/instructions, collaboration, and team building delivered with professionalism and respect at all levels
- Operate with a commitment to serve others by subordinating personal interests to the needs of those being led
- Effectively demonstrate knowledge, integrity, character, experience, humility, wisdom and discernment necessary to create the trust and influence to cause the right things, to happen for the right reasons, at the right times
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, and fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment varies.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Carrying and lifting products and material requirements may be thirty pounds at a frequent rate and over thirty pounds at an occasional rate.