Principal Duties and Accountabilities (*Essential Functions):
- Assist management in the development of range operating procedures
- Ensure that the assigned ranges are operated in accordance with defined operation procedures
- Ensure range safety for all customers, employees and visitors
- Assist customers, employees and visitors are assigned to appropriate ranges to accommodate the type of firearm/caliber and test procedures being requested.
- Assist customers, employees and visitors with basic firearm handling techniques
- Maintains cleanliness of the shooting range
- Work with management and maintenance staff to ensure the filtration, bullet trap, and target retrieval systems are properly maintained
- Provide instruction to those approved to enter the ranges, other range instructors, and range safety officers to ensure a safe and professional shooting process
- Ensure safety on the range by observing all users and immediately ceasing any behavior that could be considered unsafe
- Assist in daily range start up and shut down
- Stay current on product knowledge, general firearms laws and safety procedure
- Promotes adherence to work practices that prevents employee over exposure to lead dust
- Arranges for the disposal or recycle of lead, brass and other waste streams generated by the gallery
- Travels to other locations as needed to audit range safety and complete training.
- Know and follow emergency response plans when required.
Note: This list presents only the principal duties of the position and is not intended to be comprehensive. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned as dictated by the business needs and conditions. As an essential function of the job, good attendance is required.