To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Mechanical, Quality or related technical field or equivalent Q.A. work related experience with a minimum of 3 years’ experience as a quality engineer and/or quality manager.
- Understanding and knowledge of natural variation and the application of statistical process control (SPC)
- Knowledge and experience in shooting and reloading industry or hobby helpful
- Good balance of authority and diplomacy along with a firm and assertive personality
- Positive, teachable attitude (Must be trained in all aspects of our company)
- Personal drive and ambition to initiate and complete projects
- Strong interpersonal skills, including motivating others, conflict resolution, and influencing without authority.
- Patient to allow time for changes to take effect
- Possess effective oral and written communication skills
- Attention to detail/follow up
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment
- Good problem-solving skills
- Must have good advanced mathematical skills and be proficient with computer programs such as Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.
- Experience with Minitab, JMP, or other statistical software packages is highly desirable
- Personal Tool Requirements: (Including but not limited to) 0-1” micrometer (.0001 increments), 0-8” calipers (.001 increments), .0001 indicator
- Ability to speak, read and write in the English language sufficient enough to perform the following:
>Communicate effectively with other team members and supervision
>Read and comprehend process instructions
>Record pertinent process information as required
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather and underground contained conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but is often loud in specified areas. Hearing and eye protection is provided.
- Safety Shoes meeting OSHA/ANSI Z-41 specifications are required for anyone working in the production department. Anyone working on the ammunition loading equipment or working in the Ballistic Lab are also required to have electrostatic dissipative (ESD) shoes.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Hearing and listening habits to determine abnormal machines noises
- Visual skills to determine bullet defects and flaws
- Good hygiene and grooming habits, long hair must be pulled back, no loose clothing or exposed midriffs, and no shorts.
- Position requires physical stamina and strength due to walking long distances several times a day, other physical movement, including bending, lifting 50+ pounds and climbing.