To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Knowledge of Windows; Outlook and Internet Explorer Internet software
- SAP Order processing systems
- Microsoft Word and Excel and Cloud-Based Software.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Previous customer service experience
- Communicate effectively (must use proper English both orally and in written communication)
- Identify and respond to customer needs
- Adjust to multiple tasks, shifting priorities, and change
- Use sound judgment and analytical skills to determine win-win solutions
- Previous firearms experience a plus LE/Military/Gunsmith/Retail Sales
In addition to performing the above Consumer Support Specialist and Consumer Experience Representative job functions to obtain “Senior” status an individual must meet the following criteria:
- Has demonstrated strong team player & leadership characteristics by teaching & coaching others or comparable experience.
- Successfully completed all technical departmental training & have a solid working knowledge in the following areas or comparable experience:
- Systems (SAP, Arm Service, Word, Excel, internet)
- Consumer Service Department
- Must have successfully gained an understanding in minimum of (2) of the following areas & independently & successfully manage minimum of (1) of the following or comparable experience:
- Major Arm Service Report Mgmt
- Handle miss-shipments of firearms
- Major SAP Report management
- Product Registration Fixes
- Comparable experience in these areas will also be considered