- Evaluates production schedules and hour requirements necessary for schedule compliance.
- Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Examines items produced to determine if they meet specifications.
- Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
- Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of shop, department, or work crew.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems.
- Initiates or suggests plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
- Maintains time and production records.
- Confers with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments.
- Communicates to employees expected performance standards. Holds regular communication and training meetings with employees. Encourages ideas and feedback from employees.
- Follows all departmental and plant safety rules and regulations.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
NOTE: This list presents only the principal duties of the position and is not intended to be comprehensive. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned as dictated by the business needs and conditions. As an essential function of the job, good
attendance is required.