To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Model Building Skills
Ability to render drawings and create physical mockups and models of concepts and ideas for review.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have expert knowledge of Solidworks CAD system, design and surfacing specific software tools, familiarity with mold filling & analysis, photorealistic rendering, exploded views, and visual animations.
- Good knowledge of CAD data/file management (Solidworks PDM), workflow design & development.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop and Illustrator.
- The ability to present new product concepts via digital and traditional means; comfort with using computer models as a vehicle for discussion and representation of design intent to engineering.
- Strong overall problem solving and presentation skills are a must.
- Integrates findings and concepts, and sketches design ideas.
- Creative thinker.
- An understanding of human factors and ergonomics is a plus.
- Strong work ethic and enjoy working in an extremely fast-paced environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the business (i.e., sales, operations, administration, and marketing).
- Ability to manage tasks unsupervised.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit.
- The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate/loud.