- Controls departmental budget
- Manages with Lean Principles and is willing to be an agent in change
- The position will require travel to suppliers and other internal facilities
- Responsible for auditing incoming supplier components, development of internal quality verification programs, and serviceability of gauging equipment
- Must be experienced in Layered Process Audit methodology
- Must participate in Daily Management and focus on shop floor leadership
- Interface with Finance, Engineering, Operations, Purchasing, and Suppliers
- Establish and maintain quality parameters for incoming components, certification procedures, and incoming inspection procedures
- Responds to inquiries from Production Managers and technical support regarding functions and operations of component quality programs
- Contributes to the establishment of standards and procedures through the quality staff for component design and testing
- Recommends component improvements or revisions to engineers
- Reviews quality logs and reports to identify component process errors and possible improvements
- Manages Huntsville Quality Department.
- Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this unit.
- Carries out management responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
NOTE: This list presents only the principal duties of the position and is not intended to be comprehensive. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned as dictated by the business needs and conditions. As an essential function of the job, good attendance is required.