Skills and Education Required:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) from four-year college or university preferred
- 8 – 10 years related experience and/or training in automated accounts payable environment
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as invoices, contracts, and purchase orders.
- Ability to develop routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers and employees of the organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of:
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Word
- Experience in an automated accounts payable software environment required
- Read Soft preferred
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Able to operate in an automated accounts payable software environment.
- Able to receive assignments in the form of objectives and determine how to use resources to meet schedules and goals.
- Able to lead a cooperative effort among members of a project team
- Able to work on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including but not limited to an understanding of current business trends.
- Able to follow processes and operational policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Strong focus on meeting deadlines.
- Able to handle confidential information appropriately.
- Able to handle multiple situations between company personnel and vendors.
- Able to ensure company employees follow proper accounting procedures.
- Ability to pay vendors on timely basis and while considering the needs and cash flow of the organization.
- Ability to maintain and manage a subset of vendors along with managerial duties.