- Layout, design and fabricate from engineered drawing or verbal instruction various types of industrial exhaust and ventilation systems used in operations and support functions.
- Layout, design and fabricate from engineered drawing or verbal instruction various types of guarding and structural work used for operations and support functions.
- Layout, design and fabricate from engineered drawing or verbal instruction or example of all work requiring various types of metals, including stainless steel, carbon steel, aluminum, using arc air gas welding equipment.
- Work from engineered drawing or verbal instruction to perform various types of general millwright work including rigging, movement of equipment using hydraulic, mechanical, or motorized equipment.
- Ability to run tool and die making equipment such as lathes, vertical mills, horizontal mills, surface grinder, and drill presses.
- Operating and troubleshooting hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical and mechanical systems in an industrial setting.
- Work from engineered drawing to construct or fabricate general carpentry work used for operations or support functions. Have knowledge in any and all wood working tooling such as skill saws, reciprocating saws, planers, routers, drill press, and jig saws.
- Full understanding of electrical drawings. Determine cause of any electrical malfunction, plan a course of corrective action and perform the necessary repair work to correct the problem. Install, inspect, maintain, and adjust all electrical equipment and transmission lines in the operating departments of the facility. Use of various types of CNC’s, PLC’s, VFD’s and three phase electrics.
- Communicate problems or status of equipment to management and co-workers.
- Ability to attend training, in house and at outside vendors. Evaluate and report findings to management staff.
- Understand and institute preventative maintenance program.
- Working knowledge of all processes and filing for equipment logs and maintenance work orders
- Repairs and maintain physical structure of facility
- Visually inspect and test machinery and equipment.
- Fill out proper requisition request completely to order replacement parts and supplies.
- Professional conduct to supply an honorable service for the facility.
- Respond to the facility in an appropriate period of time when needed during off hours.
- Housekeeping such as mop, sweep, and wipe down around work area when work is complete.
- Must be able to work at heights in man lifts.
- Overtime may be required.
NOTE: This list presents only the principal duties of the position and is not intended to be comprehensive. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned as dictated by the business needs and conditions. As an essential function of the job, good attendance is required.
- Work will be within the facility
- Will be working outdoors a portion of the time and must be able to work at heights.
- Work is preformed around moving equipment, i.e. hand power tools.
- Will be operating fork trucks and pallet jacks.
- Will be working in oily/contaminated environments.
- Exposure to dust, fumes, and chemicals on a daily basis. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) will be provided, with the information on exposure materials logged in the MSDS books.
Employees may encounter hazardous wastes during their work. Hazardous wastes are to be handled appropriately; including applicable use of PPE, placement into compatible containers, container labeling and marking; etc. Additionally, wastes may need to be transported to/from satellite accumulation areas to 90-day accumulation area; via dolly, forklift, etc. All employees working with, handling, or managing hazardous wastes will receive annual RCRA training. Those employees preparing waste for shipment will receive additional trainings (DOT).
- Must be capable of standing and walking for 8 hours a day and sitting for at least one hour.
- Requires frequent bending stooping and squatting/crouching with occasional climbing/crawling.
- Reaching above shoulder level, kneeling, and balancing, and pushing or pulling frequently.
- Will use both hands to grasp, firmly grasp/turn, and fine manipulation.
- Carrying and lifting products and material requirements will be thirty pounds at a frequent rate.