- Works in a safe and orderly manner at all times. Obeys plant, department and area rules and regulations and proactively encourages other team members to do so.
- Obtains, maintains and wears or uses all necessary safety equipment as directed by work instructions or area supervisor. Works in a safe and orderly manner at all times. Obeys plant, department and area rules and regulations and proactively encourages other team members to do so.
- Attends shift, department and plant meetings in a timely manner as directed by supervisor.
- Must successfully complete PIV (powered industrial vehicle) training.
- Performs general upkeep and maintenance of plant grounds and associated equipment.
- Uses industrial lawn equipment such as mowers, blowers, trimmers and clippers to maintain grounds.
- Performs light building upkeep and maintenance including but not limited to moving and arranging furniture, painting and assisting other professional trades.
- Assist in minor building maintenance such as glass cleaning, painting, lightbulb replacement
- Performs pickup and delivery services in and around the plant and surrounding areas as required.
- Maintains process integrity with documentation and observance of applicable process records.
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area at all times.
- Will keep the grounds clear of debris, keep drains and gutters clear.
- Communicate problems or status of equipment to management and co-workers.
- Repairs and maintain physical structure of facility
- Overtime may be required
- Oral and written communication skills: ability to read and write in the English language
- Safety oriented
- Computer knowledge: Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Detail oriented
- Mechanically inclined
- Basic knowledge in the operation of trucks, tractors, general lawn and garden powered equipment including washers, trimmers, edgers, chain saws and blowers
- Human relation skills
- Work independently with little supervision.
- Work will be outside
- Will be working within the facility a portion of the time and must be able to work at heights.
- Work is preformed around moving equipment, i.e. hand power tools.
- Will be operating lawn mowers, trimmers, clippers and blowers.
- Will be working in oily/contaminated environments.
- Exposure to dust, fumes, insects and chemicals on a daily basis. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) will be provided, with the information on exposure materials logged in the MSDS books.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be capable of standing and walking for 8 hours a day and sitting for at least one hour.
- Requires frequent bending stooping and squatting/crouching with occasional climbing/crawling.
- Must be able to work at heights in manlifts.
- Reaching above shoulder level, kneeling, and balancing, and pushing or pulling frequently.
- Will use both hands to grasp, firmly grasp/turn, and fine manipulation.
- Carrying and lifting products and material requirements will be thirty pounds at a frequent rate.
Employees may encounter hazardous wastes during the course of their work. Hazardous wastes are to be handled appropriately; including applicable use of PPE, placement into compatible containers, container labeling and marking; etc. Additionally, wastes may need to be transported to/from satellite accumulation areas to 90-day accumulation area; via dolly, forklift, etc. All employees working with, handling, or managing hazardous wastes will receive annual RCRA training. Those employees preparing waste for shipment will receive additional trainings (DOT).
NOTE: This list presents only the principal duties of the position and is not intended to be comprehensive. Other duties and
Responsibilities may be assigned as dictated by the business needs and conditions. As an essential function of the job, good
attendance is required.